Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/htdocs/w005c040/forum/Sources/Load.php(225) : runtime-created function on line 3
Playing Harmonica
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Home Help Search Login Register

+  PatchMusic - Forum
|-+  General Category
| |-+  Dispatch
| | |-+  Playing Harmonica
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Playing Harmonica  (Read 4228 times)
mynameoutloud
Music Newbie

View Profile Email
« on: May 20, 2008, 04:03:43 »

Could someone help me put use to this damn harmonica I bought?  I'd love to play harmonica like that in flying horses.  I've mastered the guitar part, I think I could probably play some rhythm and play harmonica if I had any idea how.

Is there any equivalent to tabs for Dispatch harmonica parts?  I'd even settle for sheet music if someone has it.

-Nate
Rici
Administrator
Music Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 10:14:26 »

there you go Smiley:

http://www.geocities.com/tabs_in_one_fell_swoop/HARP.html

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
mynameoutloud
Music Newbie

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 12:36:38 »

Oh holy shizzle!   You just made my year my friend.  I've been looking for these forever!  I don't suppose you know of a resource that does the same for Ryan Adams songs?

Thanks, and happy holiday weekend!

-Nate
Rici
Administrator
Music Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 12:57:00 »

i didnt even know this guy before Wink. but i think it's not that easy to find harp sheets for this guy. i tried to google a little bit and just found this for one of his songs in his forum:
Firecracker is played on a C harp in first position (key the harp is in)... It starts on four draw with a little "scoop" (actually the 4 draw bent down a little, but you can get it by articulating "dee-oo-woo"), then four blow, 3 draw, 4 blow, then a two 4 draws in quick succession followed by 4 blow again. Then repeat it all, except when you get to the double 4 draw, just give a single draw and don't play the last blow note. Listen to the track to get the timing and the variation from solo to solo.
Also, I believe that Dance All Night is on C harp too... I'm working that one out, but it def. starts on 5 draw, and goes down to 4 blow and draw... I'll post it when I figure it out...
maybe you try to ask for harp sheets on his forum: http://www.rao-forums.com/

Joshua C
Music Newbie

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 09:21:39 »

i was very gratefull to come upon this forum, but the link you posted for harmonica tabs, which i was very excited for, now leads to an expired site. Any chance you can point me in a direction to find those tabs?
Rici
Administrator
Music Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 12:39:01 »

yeah, this site is now to find under www.tabsinonefellswoop.com.

here is a mirror of the old harmonica tabs:
http://www.tabsinonefellswoop.com/old/DispatchHarmonica.html

metzger203
Music Newbie

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 03:17:32 »

it was bands like g. love & special sauce, the beautiful girls, and dispatch who inspired me to start playing harp. 2 years of very casual play later, i can do most of the dispatch harp solos. the important thing is to be playing in the right key (using the correct harmonica).

nate, you said in your post you bought a harmonica... as in one harmonica, right? which key is it in? if you have a key of C, you can play in C and G with first and second position, respectively. you're going to need additional harmonicas to play in other keys, though. i've got 7 in my case: A, Bb, C, D, E, F, and G.

if you just want to play dispatch solos, though, the only keys you would need are D, G, and C. i'm pretty sure brad only plays first position so most of the dispatch stuff is actually pretty easy.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length